Do you have everything you need to put your boat in the water?
OPP Marine Unit advises that they patrol waterways in the Valley to ensure everyone has a safe, fun time on the water this summer. Be sure your boat has all necessary safety equipment as required by Transport Canada. Click HERE for the Safe Boating Guide.
Metro customers win
Congratulations to Wanda Dillon who won $1,000 gift card in the 25th Anniversary Draw at Barry’s Bay Metro. Winning ballots were drawn on Thursday July 27. Other winners: Elaine Martin received a bike, and Elizabeth Sherman won a barbecue. $100 gift cards went to Karly Campbell, Linda Hager, Conrad Etmanskie, Bernice Byers, Derrick Nazareth, Jen Visneskie, Pat Parker, Anna Lynn Bloskie, Jeanette Cybulskie, Bernadette Nicholson, Terry Pecarski, Tracey Stamplecoskie, Amanita Zadra Brotton, Carolyn Walters and P.J. Dwyer.
Madawaska Valley Public Library updating strategic plan
Madawaska Valley Public Library is holding a community forum from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on July 17 at the Opeongo Seniors Centre, Stafford Street, Barry’s Bay. MV Council has announced it will update the Township’s strategic plan and economic development plan in August. (The strategic plan covers the period 2014-19 and the economic development plan was for 2010-14. It has been four years since the Library’s strategic plan was developed so it is due for an update also. Here’s your chance to discuss your vision for the future of the Library. Please RSVP to 613.756.2000.
Ontario’s Festival of Small Halls includes Combermere again
Here is a selection of this year’s events:
- Saturday, September 14 McDonald’s Corners Agricultural Hall – The East Pointers
- Friday, September 20 Union Hall, Mississippi Mills – Catherine MacLellan
- Saturday, September 21 DACA Centre, Dacre – Gordie MacKeeman & His Rhythm Boys
- Thursday, September 26 Almonte Old Town Hall – The Weather Station
- Friday, September 27 Rankin Culture and Recreation Centre – Valley Sounds with Turmel-Leahy-Schryer, plus Vaneglory Farm, Peter Dawson, Carol Kennedy, Ralph Verch, Terri-Lynn Smith and other surprise guests.
- Saturday, September 28 Combermere Community Hall – Union Duke
There are plenty of other small venues too. Tickets for individual events are on sale now at http://thefestivalofsmallhalls.com/ or by phone starting on July 3 at 613.402.1425.
Dr. Keith Cassidy retires from Seat of Wisdom College
Our Lady Seat of Wisdom College in Barry’s Bay bids farewell to President Dr. Keith Cassidy, who is retiring after ten years’ service, at a Gala event at the Combermere Community Centre on July 13.