The Libertarian Party of Canada has acclaimed Stefan Klietsch of Renfrew as a candidate for Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke for the October 21st, 2019 federal election. Mr. Klietsch is seeking office in Renfrew County for the third time, having run as the 2015 Green Party of Canada candidate and having unsuccessfully sought the 2018 Green Party of Ontario candidate nomination.
“I was expelled from the Green Party for my persistence in my policy disagreements with the Leader Elizabeth May,” Mr. Klietsch explained. “The Green Party leadership shunned me for taking a principled stand for what I believe in, and so I am now aligned with a more tolerant party.”
Mr. Klietsch’s family home is outside of Renfrew. After completing elementary and high school education in Renfrew, he acquired an Honours Bachelor of Political Science from the University of Ottawa. He works in Ottawa as a security guard dispatcher.
At 28 years of age, Mr. Klietsch aspires to be an objective government critic, but with particular attention to the interests of the youth of Renfrew County. He aspires to become a voice in Ottawa for those citizens currently lacking a voice.
In addition to supporting most of the Libertarian Party platform, Mr. Klietsch’s personal platform includes the following:
- Opposing the open-surface nuclear waste dump mound proposed near Chalk River.
- Reopening the Constitution of Canada to reform Canadian democracy.
- Abolishing middle-class income taxes in favour of a higher GST.
- Regulation and taxation of recreational drugs to ensure consumer safety.
- Regulation and taxation of paid plasma and organ donations.
- Taxation of commercial animal slaughter combined with increased tax rebates.
- Restricting corporate income taxation to above-average corporate profits.
- Increasing the number of MPs for more direct and localized riding representation, while decreasing MPs’ salaries.
- Eliminating all subsidies for political parties.
- Reforming Indigenous reserves for private property freedoms.
- Tax credits to reward voting.
“My love for Renfrew County runs deep, and I intend to keep running for office until citizens believe it.”
Klietsch,S. (2019,Sept.16) Former Green candidate launches Libertarian candidacy [media release]
Received Sept. 16 2019