The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) East Region Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) has seized illegal drugs in Pembroke.
On June 5, 2020 members of the Street Crime Unit, assisted by the OPP Emergency Response Team (ERT) and OPP Canine Unit, executed a search warrant at a residence on Arnold’s Lane.
Police seized a quantity of suspected methamphetamine, crystal methamphetamine, cocaine, Dilaudid, hashish, cannabis, Morphine and Epinephrine, as well as four replica firearms, over $4000 in Canadian currency and other items associated with drug trafficking. Two people were arrested at the location.
Cody LAPIERRE, age 31 and Christine LECLAIR, age 40, both residents of Pembroke are charged with:
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime – Criminal Code sec. 354(1)(a)
- Possession of property obtained by crime – CC sec. 354(1)(a)
- Possession of a Schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking – Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) sec. 5(2) – five counts
- Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling – Cannabis Act (CA) sec. 10(2)
- Possession of illicit cannabis – CA sec. 8(1)(b)
- Possession of more than four cannabis plants – CA sec. 8(1)(e)
LAPIERRE faces an additional charge of Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order – CC sec. 117.01(1). He has been remanded in custody until an appearance by video before the Ontario Court of Justice in Pembroke on June 10, 2020.
The other accused has been released from custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Pembroke on August 11, 2020.
Dickson,B. OPP East Region(2020,June8) ILLEGAL DRUGS AND REPLICA FIREARMS SEIZED IN PEMBROKE [media release]