Today, October 27, Renfrew County and District Health Unit (RCDHU) is confirming that two employees of Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (CNL) have positive laboratory-confirmed cases of novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19).
RCDHU has been working closely with CNL to identify all staff considered to be close contacts of the positive cases. The identified staff have been given direction to go home immediately, self-isolate, and arrange for testing through RC VTAC.
As a reminder, if you are a high-risk contact of a person with COVID-19:
- You MUST self-isolate and self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days even if your test is negative, because COVID-19 could be incubating at the time of testing. Do NOT return to work in-person.
- If test result is positive, continue to self-isolate and you will be contacted by RCDHU.
If you have been directed to self-isolate, you are required to:
- Stay home. Do not go to work, school, child care, or public places. You can go outside, but you must stay on your own property. Do not walk around the neighbourhood.
- Avoid contact with others. No visitors unless deemed essential (e.g. care providers), stay in a separate room away from other people within your household, use a separate bathroom if possible.
- If these steps are not possible, maintain a distance of 2 metres from others at all times.
- Keep your distance. If you are in a room with other people, keep a distance of at least 2 metres and wear a mask or face covering that covers your nose and mouth.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
For more information, visit RCDHU’s website at https://www.rcdhu.com/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-2/ or call 613-732-3629 ext. 977 or 1-800-267-1097.
RCDHU Communications(2020,Oct.27) RCDHU Declaring Suspect COVID-19 Outbreak at Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (CNL) [media release]