Vote now for MV Holiday Lights Tour
You have until 9 a.m. tomorrow, Monday Dec.21, to vote for your favourite MV business and residential Holiday Lights decorations. Register your vote on Facebook/Madawaska Valley by clicking “Like” on its photo. The top three displays in both categories will win Local Business Gift Certificates.
Madawaska Valley Gardening Club is “Wild about Bees”
Snow and cold never stopped a gardener from dreaming, especially as the daylight hours will soon begin to lengthen. The MV Gardening Club monthly meetings may have stopped temporarily in 2020 but the Club offers you a chance to learn how to plan a pollinator garden for 2021 at a free Zoom meeting to be held Tuesday Dec.21 at 6 p.m. Register on the Club’s Facebook page: Facebook/Madawaska Valley Gardening Club. (The same group of plant-loving gardeners and learners formerly known as the Madawaska Valley Horticultural Society.)
Barry’s Bay and Area Skating Club
Reminder for figure skaters that Winter Program registrations and fees are due this Wednesday, Dec.23. More details about the Club on Facebook/Barry’s Bay & Area Skating Club (2020-21)
Need a COVID-19 test over the holidays?
Click HERE for the latest COVID-19 testing schedule on The Current’s Classified/Notices page.
Thanks to the following for providing FREE public skate sessions at the Paul J. Yakabuski Community Centre:
- Mon. Dec.21 2:00-3:30 p.m. Barry’s Bay Tim Hortons
- Thurs. Dec.24 12:00-1:30 p.m. Paul J. Yakabuski Community Centre Staff (Enter Red Door #2)
- Sat. Dec.26 12:00-1:30 p.m. Bent Pizza Pie, Combermere
- Mon. Dec.28 2:00-3:30 p.m. Barry’s Bay Tim Hortons
- Wed. Dec.30 2:00-3:30 p.m. Barry’s Bay Tim Hortons
- Sat. Jan.2 2:00-3:30 p.m. Canada Designs – Richard Recoskie
- Mon. Jan.4 2:00-3:30 p.m. Barry’s Bay Tim Hortons
- Wed. Jan.6 2:00-3:30 p.m. Barry’s Bay Tim Hortons
Fat biking for a FIT 2021
Get a head start on fitness in 2021: Register now for the 25km Bonnechere Valley New Year’s Fatbike Ride. Sat. Jan.2 between 11am-2pm (estimated). This a 25 kilometer non-supported “out and back” route starting/ending at St. John’s Lutheran Church Parking Lot, 799 Silver Lake Road, Eganville. Refreshments will be served at the turn around. Event details on Facebook.
photo Facebook/Chris Hinsperger