Madawaska Valley Public Library’s first take-home trivia quiz last winter was popular enough for library staff to suggest a quiz for the recent holiday season. But when the teams registered was double the number who participated in last February’s Cabin Fever Quiz, the Library realized their approach was a winner for these pandemic days.
Library CEO Karen Filipkowski circulated the answers to the 80 quiz questions to all participating teams in early January when she announced the winning teams:
- In First Place, Upstairs/Downstairs (team contact Sheilagh Dunn)
- Second Place went to the Pademelons (led by Jas Michaelski)
- The Bier Garden team finished in Third Place (Natalie Barrington team lead)
Congratulations to the winners! Teams paid $25 to participate, and Filipkowski extended the Library’s thanks to all for their support of this fun, informal fundraiser.
Part of the fun is that team members can play remotely or gather in-person as Covid restrictions allow. Upstairs/Downstairs played in Barry’s Bay, the Pademelons were located in Stittsville and Toronto, while the Bier Garden did their quiz in Wilno. Other teams were scattered across the globe. Frances Mawson in Lunenburg organized a team that included family in Australia, England and Halifax. Penny Shulist’s team had members from Barry’s Bay, Germany and Australia. The Current’s own team, Alternating Current, met in-person but played in London, England. The teams who gathered virtually reported they had lots of fun connecting with family for a round of Trivia, and some asked to be emailed when registration opens for the next round of trivia.
Filipkowski said that because of the growing interest in take home trivia and continued Covid protocols restricting in-person programmes, the Library plans to hold another quiz soon. In the meantime, to whet your appetite here are a few questions from different categories in the holiday quiz. Scroll down for the answers. Good luck!
- Industry category: Denim, the sturdy cotton textile, was invented in what country?
- Food and Drink category: How many teaspoons of sugar are in a can of Coke … 3, 7, Or 12?
- Music: “Cat’s in the Cradle” is a 1974 folk-rock song written by which American singer-songwriter?