Barry’s Bay porch fire
Madawaska Valley Fire Department staff and volunteers have been kept busy the past few days. MV Fire Chief Corwin Quade told The Current they were called out to a structure fire on Inglis Street in Barry’s Bay at 11:44 am and when the North Hall crew arrived on the scene at 11:49 am they found the homeowners throwing water onto the flames on their porch and deck. Two trucks and 13 fire fighters responded to the call. The flames were extinguished by the fire fighters within ten minutes. There were no injuries and property damage is estimated at less than $500. Quade says the cause of the fire was storage of hot ashes in the porch area.
Fine issued for open air burning on municipal property
On March 31 the MV Fire Dept. was notified that someone was burning garbage at the boat launch off Wilowski Drive at Paugh Lake. Upon arrival, a person was observed burning prohibited materials on municipal property. A ticket for $550 was issued. Open air fires are prohibited on municipal property.
First chimney fire this year
On March 28 at 8:42 am three trucks and six fire fighters responded to Campbells Lake Lane for a chimney fire. They quickly extinguished the flames, there were no injuries and there was no damage to the residence. This was the first chimney fire this year that MV Fire Dept. has been called out to.
In his report to The Current, Fire Chief Quade praised residents of Madawaska Valley saying that people have been very careful and have been taking fire prevention very seriously.