One person has been arrested and charged with multiple criminal offences in relation to a weapons call.
On April 29, 2023, just after 2: 00 p.m., members of the Killaloe Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a report that an individual operating an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) had threatened others and was in possession of a firearm.
Members of the OPP Emergency Response Team, (ERT) and the Tactical and Rescue Unit, (TRU) attended to assist with the search for the individual.
On April 30, 2023, police located, arrested, and charged 44-year-old Jonathan BRODOFSKE from Palmer Rapids in relation to the incident. The accused has been charged with the following Criminal Code (CC) offences:
- Utter threat to cause death or bodily harm (three counts);
- Mischief to property under $5000;
- Dangerous operation of vehicle;
- Flight from peace officer;
- Unauthorized possession of firearm (four counts);
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of firearm – licence (four counts);
- Careless storage of firearm (two counts);
- Breach of firearms regulations – store firearms (two counts); and,
- Unlawfully in a dwelling.
The accused attended bail court and remains in custody.
Yarmel,C.,OPP Killaloe Detachment(2023,May1) Multiple Criminal Charges Laid After Weapons Call [media release]
Image OPP East Region Tactics & Rescue Unit/Twitter