During the week of August 6 to August 11, 2019 there were 117 calls for service for the Killaloe Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), including the Whitney Detachment.
- There were five motor vehicle collisions, two were animal related.
- There were three domestic disputes and one domestic dispute resulting in criminal code charges.
Domestic Firearm Charge
On Thursday August 8, 2019 at approximately 3:30 p.m., Killaloe OPP responded to a domestic disturbance at a residence in Madawaska Valley Township. As a result of police investigation a 38-year-old person was arrested and charged with Pointing a Firearm, contrary to the Criminal Code. The accused was held for bail hearing, Ontario Court of Justice in Pembroke. The name of the accused has been withheld to protect the identity of the victim.
Help for victims of domestic abuse and/or sexual assault
If you or someone you know is living in or involved in an abusive relationship, help is available.
- Contact Bernadette McCann House 24/7 for support, advice or the safety of a shelter at 1-800-267-4930.
- The Women’s Sexual Assault Centre of Renfrew County is also available 24/7 for information and support at 1-800-663-3060.
- The Regional Assault Care Program is also available throughout Renfrew County available through any hospital. This program offers support and care for women, men and children who have experienced domestic violence and/or sexual assault. To speak to a member of the program you can attend your local hospital’s emergency department or call 1-800-363-7222.
To report a case of domestic violence to the OPP call 1-888-310-1122 or in emergency situations call 911.
In the event you are reporting an occurrence that does not require immediate police assistance please call 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to speak to someone at the Killaloe Detachment contact 613-757-2600.
Yarmel,C. OPP Killaloe Detachment (2019,Aug.12) Release for the Week of August 6 – August 11, 2019 [press release]