Renfrew and County District Health Unit distributed the following information on July 9 to explain today’s announcement from the Ontario Government:
Today, July 9, the Ontario Government announced that the province will be moving to Step 3 of the Roadmap to Reopen effective Friday, July 16, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. Step Three will include but is not limited to:
• Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to 100 people with limited exceptions;
• Indoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to 25 people;
• Indoor religious services, rites or ceremonies, including wedding services and funeral services permitted with physical distancing;
• Indoor dining permitted with no limits on the number of patrons per table with physical distancing and other restrictions still in effect;
• Indoor sports and recreational fitness facilities to open subject to a maximum 50 per cent capacity of the indoor space. Capacity for indoor spectators is 50 percent of the usual seating capacity or 1,000 people, whichever is less. Capacity for outdoor spectators is 75 percent of the usual seating capacity or 15,000 people, whichever is less;
• Indoor meeting and event spaces permitted to operate with physical distancing and other restrictions still in effect and capacity limited to not exceed 50 percent capacity or 1,000 people, (whichever is less);
• Essential and non-essential retail with capacity limited to the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of two metres;
• Personal care services, including services requiring the removal of a face covering, with capacity limited to the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of two metres;
• Museums, galleries, historic sites, aquariums, zoos, landmarks, botanical gardens, science centres, casinos/bingo halls, amusement parks, fairs and rural exhibitions, festivals, with capacity limited to not exceed 50 percent capacity indoors and 75 percent capacity outdoors;
• Concert venues, cinemas, and theatres permitted to operate at:
– up to 50 per cent capacity indoors or a maximum limit of 1,000 people for seated events (whichever is less)
– up to 75 percent capacity outdoors or a maximum limit of 5,000 people for unseated events (whichever is less); and up to 75 percent capacity outdoors or a maximum of 15,000 people for events with fixed seating (whichever is less).
• Real estate open houses with capacity limited to the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of two metres; and
• Indoor food or drink establishments where dance facilities are provided, including nightclubs and restobars, permitted up to 25 percent capacity or up to a maximum limit of 250 people (whichever is less).
Please view the regulation for the full list of public health and workplace safety measures that need to be followed. For full details on the latest announcement, visit: Ontario Moving to Step Three of Roadmap to Reopen on July 16.
For more information, visit RCDHU’s website or call 613-732-3629 or 1-800-267-1097.
RCDHU Communications(2021,July9) Province Moving to Step 3 of Roadmap to Reopening Ontario July 16 [media release]