Renfrew County and District Health Unit (RCDHU) is announcing changes to their COVID-19
and flu vaccine clinics. Starting October 20th, COVID-19 vaccinations will now be offered by
“We have seen very high attendance at our recent clinics, which has resulted in longer wait
times for residents. To better serve our community, we are shifting to appointment-based
clinics moving forward. We are pleased to see such high attendance and vaccine uptake in
Renfrew County and District, and we are working to ensure that everyone who wants a
vaccine has access,” states Dr. Jason Morgenstern, Medical Officer of Health for RCDHU.
For those looking for COVID-19 AND flu immunization:
- COVID-19 immunization appointments must be booked through the Ontario Provincial Appointment Booking system.
- Flu vaccines will also be available at the time of your appointment, should you choose to get one at that time. You do not need to indicate this when booking your appointment.
- Please note, appointments cannot be booked directly through RCDHU. If you need assistance booking an appointment, please contact the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre at 1-833-943-3900.
For those looking for a flu shot only:
- Flu shots will continue to be offered at RCDHU clinics on a walk-in basis, no appointment required. Wait times may vary.
- Flu shots are also available through participating pharmacies. It is recommended that you contact the pharmacy ahead of time as appointments may be required.
- Flu shots are available through participating health care providers.
At this time, RCDHU clinics are open to individuals at higher risk of severe infections only. For more information on eligibility, visit: COVID-19 and Flu Vaccine Clinics.
Starting October 30th, RCDHU’s COVID-19 and flu clinics will be open to anyone 6 months of age and older.
Renfrew County and District Health Unit(2023,Oct.19) RCDHU COVID-19 and Flu Vaccine Clinic Update – Appointment Booking Required [media release]